Skip to main content

Disability & Access Center

Transitioning From K-12 To College

Here we highlight the similarities and differences between receiving accommodations in the K-12 and college settings. It also contains information about receiving accommodations at the college level. The process to start requesting services may be found on the How to Register page. Keep in mind that the Disability & Access Center (DAC) facilitates access to a level playing field.


  • Student may receive accommodations under Section 504 and/or ADAAA.
  • Student may receive accommodations once proper protocol is followed.
  • Student receives support from appropriate departments.
  • Many accommodations a student might receive are similar.
  • Information is confidential and maintained by appropriate personnel.
  • For more information covering Section 504 and/or ADAAA, please refer to Helpful Links section.


K-12 SchoolCollege Level
  • Student may receive accommodation(s) covered under IDEA
  • Accommodation(s) based on success
  • Student might utilize more personnel
  • Student’s team sets up accommodations (Teachers, Counselors, Guardian(s), etc…)
  • Student may arrange evaluation/testing with schoolTherapy such as Speech, Medical, etc… may be provided
  • Student may receive accommodation(s) but is not covered under IDEA
  • Accommodation(s) based on access
  • Student might utilize adaptive technology
  • Student must get medical/psychological evaluation/testing on own accord
  • Personal therapy such as speech is not provided

Follow Us!

The Disability & Access Center is located in Keathley University Center, room 107.  You can contact us on our office phone at 615-898-2783, by email, or by fax at 615-898-4893.

The Disability & Access Center office hours are as follows:

Monday:  8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday:  8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Friday:  8:00 am – 4:30 pm